Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Flying Dutchman
Forum Regular

Default Why is Money So Hard to Get?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but why is it that something we need so bad (Money) is so hard to get a hold of. Is it the greed of others? Then there are those people online offering to get you home based jobs but are just trying to cheat you out of your money. Home based jobs do exist, but the legitimate ones don't normally ask for a fee. It wasn't like this when I was young. There were so many ways to earn money and less people trying to cut me off, but today it seems like I am trying to get my hands on a winning lottery ticket to just to make an honest living. No matter what you do, someone is always trying to cut you off and trying to prove they can do the job better or for less. I had a job delivering freight for a small company and was doing it for 2 years. I never gave any trouble to them and always had my loads on time. I was getting 30 cents a mile, which my boss offered to me up front. One day my boss calls me and says, "I have a guy that is willing to do your job for 25 cents a mile if I will hire him" The guy told my boss he could do the job better and for less. I was surviving okay on 30 cents a mile, but at 25 cents? I wouldn't have been able to do it, so I refused to take the pay cut. So he lets me go and hires this other guy at 25 cents a mile. The guy got most of his loads late, and sometimes wouldn't even answer his phone when he was offered a load. He was lazy and after an argument with the boss, he abandoned he Van 1300 miles away. My boss called me and begged me to come back, for which I did. Hey, I needed the money. But it turns out that this guy expected the job to be something it wasn't. My boss had to buy me a bus ticket, and then pay me to go pick it up. I am surprised that because money is so hard to come by anymore, that we don't have more unemployment.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
tiredmike59

If it wasn't hard to get it would be worthless. That's what makes gold/silver/platinum valuable, it's hard to find.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Frump

I've wondered that, it's like anything that is good is harder. lol

I've often wondered why weight is so easy to gain but so hard to lose.

I mean you can exercise, starve, etc... and maybe lost 1/2 lb, but eat one peanut and gain 5 lbs lol
Old 06-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Flying Dutchman
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frump
I've wondered that, it's like anything that is good is harder. lol

I've often wondered why weight is so easy to gain but so hard to lose.

I mean you can exercise, starve, etc... and maybe lost 1/2 lb, but eat one peanut and gain 5 lbs lol

1 peanut and gain 5 pounds LMAO. Isn't that the truth?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Because it doesn't grow on trees. Most have to work hard for it. If it were easy to get we'd all be billionnaires.
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Flying Dutchman
Forum Regular

I think we need to restate that. It is easy to get for some. I have seen money just fall in the laps of some people, where others have to fight tooth and nail for it. It's as a friend once said to me. "Most times...Money goes where money is" That seems to be the truth.

I went with an ex GF, who is is now just a friend, to the store. Her and I bought 5 of the same lottery tickets each for ourselves. I won $2 out of $25 worth of tickets. She actually won $500. I wanted to spit nails. That's not the only great thing that's happened to her either. She's won cruises. She won a car from a contest she entered, and also a travel tailor from McDonalds. And does she love to rub it in too.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Tubehead

I wish they were such a thing as a money tree my dad said we wouldn't have any trees left if trees were made out of money
Old 07-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
isiahthomas

This is a good topic. I don't know why money is so hard to get. Looking for a job is so tough and it shouldn't be that way. It's sad that some jobs continue to discriminate against blacks and that's why so many blacks are unemployed. It's sad that most jobs will hire foreigners now over americans because foreigners will work for less money than americans. I got 2 jobs now and i'm lucky to have them because i don't know what i would be doing if i was unemployed. My fulltime job i've had since 2004 and my part time job i've had since 2003. There was a time when i was unemployed in Cleveland and i thought about suicide because there's no feeling like having no money. Having no money can make you depressed and suicidal. I like having things such as food, a car, clothes, shoes, music cd's, movies, tv, place to live and if you don't have these things, there's no point in living.

I'm glad i left Cleveland because the jobs there suck. I also left there because of the snow and there isn't a lot of malls and movie theatres in the area i stayed in. I worked several hard labor jobs at factories when i was there and those jobs paid minimum wage. Not only was i mad at the pay, i didn't like a lot of my co-workers which most of them were black men and i don't get along with them because they're ignorant. I like Cleveland because it's my hometown but the jobs there are terrible. I'm glad i moved to Maryland because the jobs are better here. Only thing i don't like about Maryland is the cost of living is expensive.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

My question is why is money so hard to keep

I spent $1800 in 2 weeks and don't remember how
Old 07-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #10
isiahthomas

Sometimes it's hard for me to remember what i spent my money on also. Money can be hard to keep when you like to buy things.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
tiredmike59

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
My question is why is money so hard to keep

I spent $1800 in 2 weeks and don't remember how
I share your grief. I know what it's like to lose loved ones.
I went into Walgreens with 75 bucks in my pocket and bought some stuff for 22 bucks, when I got home I had 3 dollars in my pocket. I don't know where the rest of it went. I sure miss that 50.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #12
Tubehead

Default money

I JUST TURN 32 THIS SUMMER I GOT 110 DOLLOARS MY MOM GIVE ME 50 BUCKS A MONTH TO SPEND I m having my birthday on AUGUEST 9 my grand papas birthday it rained on July 4 my birthday did have a job at ymca camp I was janitor I didn't like the job I got to talk to people I got to listen to my music when I worked so it wasn't too bad I can't have a job right now any way .
Old 08-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

If money were easy to get, it would probably lead to inflation. Sometimes, we can be irresponsible with money. I sometimes believe that the harder a person works, the more likely he is to earn more money. A person has to work hard for money if he wants to use it responsibly.

"When the run of a network TV show has ended, some go out with a bang, some with a whimper, but all are...Future Endeavored."
Old 08-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
Frump

I've often wondered what it would be like if money didn't exist at all.

I mean would business and society still go on? Sure they wouldn't get anything for their work, BUT they wouldn't need it either.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frump
I've often wondered what it would be like if money didn't exist at all.

I mean would business and society still go on? Sure they wouldn't get anything for their work, BUT they wouldn't need it either.

Do you honestly have doubts that money will one day cease to exist? You can rest assured that it will be around long after we're all gone. It might change over the years and more people will probably use debit cards but money regardless of what form it is will always have a place in society and that along with business will continue just as they have been whether we're here or not.